Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Eastern Bluebird at Crane Wildlife Management Area

Wayyyy back on Memorial Day Weekend I was on the Cape with my parents and did some birding at Crane Wildlife Management Area. I've blogged about it before, but this was my first time there if you could believe it. I used to drive by it every day on my way to work at New Seabury Country Club, but of course this was before I was a birder.
My parents and Marsy:

I got a good look at an Eastern Bluebird for the first time. I had seen one before on my street in Bridgewater, but at Crane Wildlife Management Area they have several bluebird houses set up so there's an active population. (My bluebird house on the other hand has Carolina Wrens living in it.)


Tree Swallow:

I also couldn't resist taking this picture of Lady Slippers. We used to have so many on the Cape but you see fewer and fewer lately. When I was younger I remember picking them in my back yard and my mom setting me straight- explaining that they were endangered. I'm not quite sure what the status of them is today but I know it's much worse.

No comments: