Skip to main content

My Interview on AllBestBinoculars.com

Perry from AllBestBinoculars.com reached out to me a few weeks ago to do an interview for his Birder's Corner. AllBestBinoculars.com is a binocular review site and includes a section on birding binoculars. I'm always happy to connect with other bloggers and writers so this was right up my alley. It took some time and thought but I'm glad he asked me to do it--it made me really reflect on my experiences as a birdwatcher.

Check it out:



Also, fellow BwBTC blogger Larry from the Brownstone Birding Blog did an interview too: http://allbestbinoculars.com/interview-with-larry-brownstone-birding/. Larry's my go-to source when it comes to shopping for binoculars- he helped me pick out my first pair. Actually, I'm overdue to get a new pair since I'm still using the Nikon Action 8x40s I bought back in 2008 before my first Bird-a-thon. I'll have to check out Perry's site, and will probably ping Larry again.

Comments

Perry said…
Hi Cathleen,

Thanks for taking the time to do the interview!

If any other birders would like to be interviewed, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks!

~ Perry
Larry said…
I enjoyed reading your interview. Interesting that you also were excited about your experience with BCNH.). I've never tried them though.
Larry said…
Didn't find your e-mail so you can intercept this. If you aren't looking to spend an arma and a leg then check out Vortex roof prism models-8x42My cousin just got some razorbacks which were really great for about 200. Many people say that Nikon 8x32 se porro prism are fantastic-but more expensive-about $500-I've never tried them just heard great things about the.Best thing is to go to a shop where you can try them.Audubon shop in Madison CT lets you try them-I don't know if you have an optics shop up your way.
Hilke Breder said…
Take a look at Nikon Premier SE 8x32 binoculars. Have had mine since 2000. Price has stayed around $600. Read reviews on Birdforum.net
Dawn Fine said…
Howdee! Great interview! I was asked as well but I am too lazy to complete the interview..hee hee..

Popular posts from this blog

Difference Between Grackles and Starlings

I saw a sad sight today during my lunchtime jog—a dead grackle. Or was it a starling? I'll get to that in a minute. I was making my way down to the trail along the Charles River when I saw what I thought was an injured bird in the middle of the road. It was just sitting there and I figured it was just stunned or maybe had an injured wing. The bird probably didn't have much of a chance, but the least I could move it out of the road. As I got closer to the bird I saw it had its mouth open and then I realized the gruesome truth—it was dead and was frozen in that position. I just got shivers thinking about it. The poor thing. Anyway, so it got me to thinking 'What is the difference between grackles and starlings?' I use the two interchangeably and haven't really made an effort to sort it out. Until now. I like to use All About Birds from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology as an online resource. The site is comprehensive and easy to use. (I also really like the 'Cool ...

Using Birds to Control Tomato Hornworms

Here's a lovely macro shot of a tomato hornworm caterpillar taking a little break from gorging himself on my tomatoes. Ever seen one before? They're huge and pretty startling to come across when you're pruning your tomato plants. They blend right in, until you accidentally touch one- hopefully not with the horned end! This picture was taken near the end of the season so I wasn't SO upset, but I definitely want to prevent hornworms for next season. I started doing some research on how to get rid of tomato hornworms and the good news is you don't need to use insecticides or crazy home remedies- birds will do the work for you! This great website I found- the Yardener has a whole section about insect pests in the vegetable garden. According to the site, feeding birds year-round will help you control the tomato hornworm problem in your garden. For bird lovers, this shouldn't be a chore at all. Just keep your feeders full with desirable seed like black-oil sunflower s...

Large-billed Crow pictures from Japan

These large-billed crow pictures come courtesy of my work colleague Phil who lives in Japan. He told me he had some great Japanese crow pictures, and the first thing I noticed about the bird was the large bill. I started doing some research to come up with the correct crow name. First I thought it was a carrion crow since those are a common type of Japanese crow, but the bill wasn't big enough. Then I found pictures of the large-billed crow and those were a match! Duh- "large bill"- it couldn't have been any simpler. These crows are also called jungle crows, but most of the birding sites call them large-billed crows. Phil said they can get really big, which I believe since American crows are huge sometimes. I have vivid memories of standing my in my parents Cape Cod kitchen doing dishes and getting spooked by something huge in my periphery on the deck. All it ever was was a giant crow, but really they can be scary when they get so big! Here are some interesting thing...